Australian artist, Kate Miller-Heidke, wearing a custom made PAPEL (PAPER) wearable.
This wearable has over 290 folds. It features handmade Nepalese and Japanese paper.
The Japanese Chiyogami paper (Water Lily) used was purposely selected for this wearable as the blue in the paper matches the extraordinary colour in Ms Miller-Heidke's eyes.
"mamá, a woman needs to feel beautiful!" - said the Boy whilst folding paper
Our unique paper wearable service:
Seeing our creations worn beautifully just makes us happy. Our paper wearables are all about making you feel spectacular! From the smallest pin to the most magnificent headpiece, our pieces are completely individual and designed with love.
Corsages, pins, buttonholes, belts, headpieces – whatever you need to finish your outfit or make your day complete. We will happily work with you to design and fold a special, lasting piece that lets your unique style and personality shine
Primero (firstly), we talk about you and your occasion.
- We view your garment. We talk about how you want to feel
- We then illustrate a design and do a "paper pull"
- A "paper pull" is when we select from our fine and handmade paper
- The design along with the paper pull is sent to you for your approval
- Then we go into a folding frenzy to create your bespoke paper wearable
- All of our wearables are hand-fixed in either a matte or gloss finish to protect your custom piece
All PAPEL (PAPER) wearables come packaged in a gold PAPEL (PAPER) box.
"Mire el mohawk.2" - Look at the mohawk.2
A custom made PAPEL (PAPER) wearable for the performance launch of Cello Riot album. Featuring Japanese Chiyogami and Nepalese paper from our friends at KAMI Paper.
"Mire el mohawk" - Look at the mohawk
A custom made PAPEL (PAPER) wearable for Cello Riot performance at River & Wren Markets.
"mi frida" - my frida for photo shoot
Lotuses and one Fritillaria. One of the very first paper wearables the Boy made.